World

Royal duties suspended due to health scare for King and Duchess Kate

Royal duties suspended due to health scare for King and Duchess Kate

Duchess Kate received another visit from her husband Prince William on Thursday as he recovers from surgery that will keep him out of front-line royal duties for several months.
Her father-in-law, British head of state Charles III, has also undergone surgery for an enlarged prostate, forcing him to cancel some engagements.
But her wife, Queen Camilla, said she was otherwise in good health.
Asked about her 75-year-old husband during her visit to Aberdeen in north-east Scotland, Camilla replied: “I’m fine, thank you very much.
I’m looking forward to getting back to work.

Palace officials issued two statements within 90 minutes on Wednesday, announcing that the 42-year-old princess underwent abdominal surgery on Tuesday and would require two weeks to fully recover.
They said the surgery was successful and was not related to cancer, but did not provide further details.
Prince Charles, who will succeed his mother Queen Elizabeth II in September 2022, is scheduled to undergo “corrective surgery” for enlarged prostate next week.
An already declining monarchy has lost three of its most senior figures due to health concerns.
Camilla will be the most high-profile reigning queen in the coming weeks.
“In my opinion, it is inconceivable that the three most senior members of the royal family would be temporarily out of action and postpone their engagements,” Sky News royal correspondent Laura Bundock said.
William, Prince Charles’ eldest son and heir to the throne, was seen leaving a London clinic in a car on Thursday afternoon.
The Prince of Wales, 41, will be attending a private hospital to look after his three children, Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5, during his upcoming public engagements.
The appearance on the show has been postponed.

The couple’s office at Kensington Palace said it would not provide ongoing updates on the princess’s health.
However, this did not stop the media’s intense interest, with photographers and film crews stationed outside the facility where the late Queen’s husband, Prince Philip, previously received treatment.
Her sister Princess Margaret and former US President John F.
Kennedy were also patients.
Revelations about the royal family’s upcoming surgery appear to have raised awareness about prostate health.
The state’s National Health Service (NHS) saw a significant increase in searches for ‘enlarged prostate’ on its website on Wednesday, with visits more than 11 times higher than on Tuesday.
Charles, who is also the head of state of 14 countries other than Britain, including Australia, Canada and New Zealand, inherited the throne at an age when most men in developed countries retire.

Read History Update

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button